ONLINE Eastern Time Zone – Funeral Celebrant Training and Certification (8 Sessions, 7:00pm – 9:00pm) $895 USD
Workshop Dates and Times
August 28, 30, Sep 5, 6, (break for one week) 18, 20, 25, 27 2023
7-9 pm EST
About this Event
Life Celebrants International TM trains celebrants to assist families with developing meaningful life celebrations, funeral services and memorial services that are reflective of the life of the deceased and appropriate and meaningful to their life circumstances. This workshop will help participants better understand the needs of grieving families and how to establish and nurture respectful relationships with them. They will learn various ways of providing gentle and compassionate guidance to families planning life celebrations and how to assemble and organize that perfect ceremony. There will be opportunities to practice public speaking, with coaching, to boost confidence before that first ceremony. Participants will learn how to share words of comfort to families and their guests as they gather to celebrate the life of their loved one. Life Celebrants International advocates the importance of ceremony and funeral service in our culture as a forward step in the healing process. Life Celebrants International operates from a place of love.
- The purpose and importance of the funeral ceremony.
- History, current issues, and trends in funeral service.
- The Funeral Celebrant – Definition, history, role, and responsibilities.
- Types of funeral services.
- The structure of the funeral service.
- Funeral protocol.
- Developing and fostering meaningful relationships with funeral homes.
- Trends in organized religion.
- Introduction to grief and understanding the needs of grieving families.
- Developing and fostering meaningful relationships with families.
- Developing unique, meaningful and appropriate Life Celebrations.
- Public speaking and presentation.
- Marketing and social media.
- Professional practice guidance.
Expect story telling, information sharing, role playing and working with ACTUAL CASE SCENARIOS. Participants will meet twice weekly over four weeks to explore these topics which includes interaction with others and public speaking practice. Upon completion of the program and final assignment, participants will be certified as Funeral Celebrants and credentialed to offer funeral homes and families their service and care.
- high-speed internet,
- private, quiet environment for the sessions,
- uninterrupted time,
- access to live-stream camera and mic,
- attendance at each session.
Event link and instructions will be emailed to participants.
Within 14 days of workshop start – no refund
14-30 days from workshop start – 50%
Over 30 days from workshop start – full refund