ONLINE Funeral Celebrant Training and Certification
About this Event
Life Celebrants International TM (formerly Life Celebrants of Canada) trains its celebrants to assist families with developing meaningful life celebrations, funeral services and memorial services that are reflective of the life of the deceased and appropriate and meaningful to their life circumstances. Certified Celebrants are trained to understand the needs of grieving families and are able to establish and nurture respectful relationships with them. They offer gentle and compassionate guidance in planning services and also assist families with the selection of music, ceremonial activities and composing life tributes (eulogies), They understand the history of funeral service, are trained to honour funeral etiquette, and have a basic understanding of the mechanics of a funeral service, Life Celebrants International advocates the importance of ceremony and funeral service in our culture as a forward step in the healing process, We speak in front of varied audiences with ease and in a variety of venues. We operate from a place of love.
- The history and importance of ceremony in our culture;
- History, current issues and trends in funeral service;
- Working in partnership with the funeral home;
- Developing and fostering meaningful relationships with families;
- How to understand the needs of grieving families;
- Developing a meaningful and appropriate Life Celebration;
- Funeral protocol in general and the day of the service;
- Professional practice guidelines;
- Marketing and Social Media;
Expect story telling, information sharing, role playing and working with ACTUAL CASE SCENARIOS.
Participants will meet twice weekly over four weeks to explore these topics and make presentations to the group. Upon completion, they will be certified as Funeral Celebrants and credentialed to offer funeral homes and families their service and care.
- High-speed internet,
- private, quiet environment for the sessions,
- uninterrupted time,
- access to live-stream camera and mic,
- attendance at each session.
Event link and instructions will be emailed to participants.