Independent Funeral Directors of Florida – Funeral Celebrant Training and Certification $895
About the Workshop
Life Celebrants International TM is a team of qualified and experienced funeral service professionals with a passion for providing meaningful and practical training for Funeral Celebrants. Funeral service is evolving and there is an increasing need for Certified Funeral Celebrants as families are moving away from traditional religious-led funeral services. Many of today’s families are choosing non-religious life celebrations. Our workshops were developed by funeral professionals for funeral professionals. We teach creativity in writing and speech, we help participants understand the complexities of grief. We share the importance of ceremony in society. We help participants understand bereaved families and how to work with complicated family relationships. We teach about the actual funeral service and what happens that day, step-by-step. Expect storytelling, information sharing, role-playing and working with actual case scenarios.
Come train with us. Feel and experience the difference. We are casual. We are fun. We can be emotional. We are practical. Most importantly we want to help you realize your goal of supporting families in grief. Seating is limited. Don’t be disappointed!
- The history and importance of ceremony in society.
- History, current issues, and trends in funeral service.
- Trends in organized religion and religious funerals.
- Basic death statistics.
- The Funeral Celebrant – Definition, history, role, and responsibilities.
- Developing and fostering meaningful relationships with families.
- Types of funeral services.
- The structure of the funeral service.
- Introduction to grief and understanding the needs of grieving families.
- Developing a meaningful and appropriate Life Celebration.
- Funeral protocol – the day of the service.
- Relationships with funeral homes.
- Marketing and social media.
- Professional practice guidelines.
On the final day, participants will present a major assignment as part of the certification requirement. The workshop includes interaction with others and public speaking practice. Upon completion of the program and final assignment, participants will be certified as Funeral Celebrants and credentialed to offer funeral homes and families their service and care.
- Travel and Accommodation. (Lunch and coffee, tea, juice and snacks provided for breaks provided by IFDF. Dinner on your own.)
- Recommended to bring a laptop to prepare your final assignment, although not mandatory
- Attendance at each session.